Us

Us
DH and me

Sunday, July 8, 2012

A trimmed bush...
Some of the harvest


Happily harvesting my small crop of lavender this weekend, I was remembering Dad's last birthday at Park Place; the boyz and I brought the fixins' for homemade ice cream and some sugar cookies.  While the ice cream churned away in the gazebo, I harvested a TON of lavender from the grounds (with permission!).  I promised to come back with some dried lavender and have an 'art lesson' for the residents at a later date.  We served ice cream and cookies to all who would partake.  In October I came back with lots of dried lavender and sachet bags.  The residents removed the dry flowers and put them into the bags for their drawers.  The entire compound smelled heavenly and everyone got a little fine motor skill workout.  Plus, I had lots of lavender left over :)







No comments:

Post a Comment